The lodges featured on this website are offered for let on a weekly basis, Gate Lodge and An-Tochailt Lodges Saturday to Saturday, Dalnaspidal Lodge Friday to Friday, and Corrievarkie Lodge Sunday to Sunday. The lodges can be accessed from 4 p.m. on the date of arrival and must be vacated by 10 a.m. on the date of departure.
You will be sent arrival details two weeks before arrival but if you forget to take them with you, please ensure that you telephone the office: 01540 672000 or the Housekeeper on 07769 313755 or email email@example.com to get the relevant gate codes for access to the Estate.
These Terms and conditions apply to the booking made between Ben Alder Estate (Owner of the properties) and the person from whom the booking has been accepted (the Customer), acting on behalf of themselves and all persons staying in the property during the course of the booking.
1. DEPOSIT. By making a payment to Ben Alder Estate to secure a booking, the customer is reminded that they are entering into a legally binding contract. If a booking is made eight weeks or more before the stay is due to start, it must be accompanied by a non-refundable deposit of 30% of the rental fee. If a booking is made less than eight weeks before arrival, the full rental fee must be paid at the time of booking. A booking is only confirmed on acceptance of the deposit payment.
2. FINAL PAYMENT. Once the Customer has paid a deposit and Ben Alder Estate has issued an acceptance email or letter, the customer becomes liable for the payment of the balance of the rental, eight weeks before the start of their stay. Non-payment by the due date will be treated as a cancellation and a cancellation charge will be payable as per our cancellation policy.
3. HOUSEKEEPING SECURITY. £500.00 will be pre-authorised using the card details uploaded. The £500 pre-authorisation will be processed 3 days prior to arrival and cancelled 7 working days after guest departure, less any deductions necessary.
4. METHOD OF PAYMENT. Ben Alder accepts debit and credit cards provided by Mastercard, Visa. You can also pay by direct funds transfer. Any charges incurred to Ben Alder Estate arising from international payments made will be passed back to the Customer.
5. TERMS OF OCCUPANCY. The Customer warrants that the property let is to be used for a holiday, as per the booking form, and so accepts that the letting is a holiday let to which Section 12(2) and paragraph 8 of Schedule 4 of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988 apply, namely “a tenancy the purpose of which is to confer on the tenant the right to occupy the house for a holiday”.
6. TENANTS’ OBLIGATIONS. The Customer agrees:
• To indemnify Ben Alder Estate for any damage to the property. Furnishings, and equipment therein caused by the wilful or negligent act or default of themselves, their guests, pets, or any other party brought to the premises by them.
• The Customer agrees that Ben Alder Estate will debit the pre-authorised credit card to cover any damage or missing items as a result of their stay. If the cost exceeds the pre-authorised £500. The Customer agrees to pay the difference that would be outstanding.
• To take good care of the property and leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of their stay. If there is extra cleaning above and beyond our generous allocation for a normal clean, the customer agrees that at the discretion of Ben Alder Estate, an amount will be taken from the pre-authorised amount on a card.
- To accept that a cleaning service is not provided during the customer stay unless by prior, arrangement, at an additional cost.
• To permit the housekeeping staff, management, or maintenance staff reasonable access to the property if necessary.
• Not to part with possession of the property.
• Not to exceed the total number of people stipulated in the booking.
• To accept that if in the opinion of representatives of Ben Alder Estate any Customer is not suitable to remain on the premises because of unreasonable behaviour, damage or nuisance to other parties, the Customer will vacate the accommodation they have booked if asked to do so, and, if applicable, no refund shall be due.
7. ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE. Lettings commence at 4.00 p.m. on the first day of the booking and end at 10.00 a.m. on the last day of the booking unless otherwise notified.
8. CANCELLATION. In the event of a cancellation, a charge will be payable based on the number of days before the holiday start date. That date is when the cancellation notice is received in writing by Ben Alder Estate as specified in the table that follows:
|Number of Days before the holiday start date that notification is received.
|Cancellation Charge (as a percentage of the total cost of the holiday).
|0 – 21 days
|22 – 56 days
|57 days or more
Ben Alder Estate reserves the right to cancel a booking without liability on its part in the event of any cause beyond its control (such as but not necessarily limited to flood, fire, power loss, water loss) which prevents it from performing its obligations relating to any Booking. The Customer will be refunded in full for any monies paid over in terms of the rental fee and will have no further claim against Ben Alder Estate. In the event of Covid-19 government-imposed travel restrictions either in Scotland or at your home location or you have been advised to self-isolate and you are unable to travel to Ben Alder Estate, we will fully refund any payments that you have made to us for your lodge booking. Bookings can also be transferred to the following year during the same seasonal period as the original booking, at no extra charge. This clause supersedes the table of cancellation charges and relates to cancellation or changes to bookings due to the Covid-19 Pandemic only.
9. PETS. A maximum of 2 dogs is permitted per booking. Customers are requested not to leave their pets unattended in the property, allow them onto furniture or into bedrooms. Customers must pick up their dog excrement from estate grounds and keep their dogs under control at all times. Outside kennels are available at Gate Lodge and An-Tochailt if required.
10. NON-SMOKING. Ben Alder Estate lodges are strictly non-smoking establishments. Smoke alarms are fitted to all Lodges. Ben Alder Estate reserves the right to terminate a booking and ask customers who disregard this policy to leave the premises.
11. TENANTS’ DUTY TO TAKE CARE All Customers are required to take care to avoid any accident or injury at all times whilst on the premises. Children should be supervised by an adult at all times especially due to the proximity of large bodies of water to the lodges, care should be taken regarding the verandas and spiral staircases.
12. LIABILITY Ben Alder Estate does not accept liability for accident, damage, loss, injury, expense, or inconvenience whether to person or property, including motor vehicles which you or other persons may suffer or incur that arise out of the rental or is in any way connected with the rental unless this results in our negligence.
13. ELIGIBILITY. Ben Alder Estate does not accept Stag or Hen parties, groups of single persons and any other bookings of this nature. Any such bookings that have not been disclosed will be terminated as soon as Ben Alder Estate become aware, and at any stage of the booking process or during the customer stay, in which case no refund will be made.
14. COMPLAINTS If a Customer wishes to make a complaint, they should notify Ben Alder Estate immediately so that it can be investigated, and an opportunity is given to put matters right during their stay.
Ben Alder Estate Limited, Estate Office, Dalwhinnie, PH19 1AE